Saturday, July 29, 2006

Here I am..On the road again!

So finally after millions of light years of wait ( I know its a unit of distance, that was meant to stress on the hugeness of it, Mr. Oversmart!), the day arrives or perhaps the night which is supposedly the last one for some time to come at home for me. Tomorrow, I embark on my journey which shall land me in a place which has been talked about for some months now and has more negative connotations to it than their opposite ones. But I am excited ( a state which has switched between the present one and a bit of disbelief of leaving this place after 22 long years of my life, about 5 times in the past 5 minutes). Obviously there are cons to attached to it also (Am i switching again?). Delhi has been a place which has got itself such a rocksolid place in my heart, that I am sure I can complete my mission of touching all the continents before 35 but it will still remain 'the' place of my life. There is an aroma, a flavor(the Americans ruling the world) to the place which just cannot be missed if you have been in Delhi a bit close to the length of time I have been here. The people, the eating out places, the pubs, the new found greenery, the fast tracked life, the purpose in life which everyone has here and yes, the Metro just...rock! And yes, I have to leave those special friends who are primarily the ones made in the past four years of my stay at iit for some time. But I am a strong believer of the power of communication and the low std call rates does not make the situation that grim. At the same time, phone calls are phone calls after all, and meeting someone in person is altogether different, so the situation is not too gay also. Family? I don't think one needs to say something on this regard. However, the stay at hostel has helped to ease out this problem as well. But now I cannot call home for any and every small thing which was out of reach to me. Lastly, the thing where there are no two faces of the coin (or its the Sholay wala coin), is Kumaon House. The days (the nights have been more eventful though) cannot just come back, and whatever I am in my life, I completely owe everything to this great place. Hats off not to the building, but to the spirit, the philosophy and the way of life this place imbibes in most of the inhabitants. Jai Kumaon.
Ok, before I get any more sentimental, I ll move to the positive things...Or i do not know, probably those things deserve a separate post just as this one does!

No comments: